- Where can I find information and resources about the PBMCT Examination?
- What are the eligibility requirements to sit for the PBMCT Examination?
- Where can I find the PBMCT Examination Application?
- How much are the examination fees?
- Where can I take the examination?
- What is the examination format? Multiple choice, essay, or etc.?
- What Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) subjects, topics, and categories are applicants tested on the examination?
- Does the PBMCT Program provide reasonable accommodations for applicants?
- How long do I have to take the PBMCT Examination?
- How many test questions are on the examination?
- What happens if I do not pass the PBMCT examination?
- What is the duration of the certification period?
- After the two year period, do I have to re-certify?
- What will happen if I do not take action to renew my certification?
- I have allowed my certification to lapse, how can I become certified again?
- How long does it take to receive my score?
- Are there examples of PBMCT Certification success stories?
- Once I obtain my PBMCT credentials, when and how should I use them?
- How can I contact with the PBMCT program if I have questions about the examination?
- Where can I find more information and resources about the PBMCT examination?
1). I am interested in learning more about the Pharmacy Benefit Management Certified Technician (PBMCT) Examination. Where can I find more information and resources about the PBMCT examination?
2). Where can I find resources to study for the PBMCT Examination?
The PBMCT program lists resources on the home page and on the Resource Tab of the website:
|Application Process Video Link:|
3). What are the eligibility requirements to sit for the PBMCT Examination?
Applicants interested in sitting for the Pharmacy Benefit Management Certified Technician (PBMCT) examination must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age: The minimum age requirement is required to confirm that each applicant/candidate is legally able to consent to sit for the PBMCT examination. The verificatoin of a candidate's age can be met by the individual providing a copy of a government issued identification that lists the applicant/candidate's birth date.
- Demonstrate competency and knowledge of the Pharmacy Benefit Management field by meeting the minimum requirement of 80 hours of work experience in the PBM field -or- 6 months of experience working in a healthcare or pharmacy related field.
4). Where can I find the PBMCT Examination Application?
You can find and register to take the PBMCT examination by visiting the websites listed below:
5). How much are the examination Fees?
- Application and Examination $125
- Re-Testing Fee $125
- Re-Certification Fee $80
6). Where can I take the examination?
The (PBMCT) Examination is administered via computer-based testing at proctored test centers across the U.S. and in select international locations. A list of PBMCT Examination locations can be found here:
7). What is the examination format? Multiple choice, essay, or etc.?
All questions on the examination are multiple choice. There are three distractors or incorrect answers and one correct answer.
8). What Pharmacy Benefit (PBM) Subjects, Topics, and Cateogories are applicants tested on the examination?
All examination questions have been developed to address the four main categories of job responsibilities as shown below:
9). Does the PBMCT Program provide reasonable accommodations for applicants?
Yes. Reasonable accommodations for individuals with documented disabilities will be granted in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act. The Program does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities and makes all reasonable efforts to accommodate applicants. Applicants who need accommodations may complete an Accommodation Request Form located on the Program’s website at www.pbmct.com and provide the required supporting documentation.
10). How long do I have to take the PBMCT Examination?
Candidates are provided with two hours (120 minutes) to complete the examination
11). How many test questions are on the examination?
The test consists of 120 multiple choice questions (100 scored, 20 non-scored)
12). What happens if I do not pass the PBMCT examination?
If a candidate does not pass the PBMCT examination and would like to retake the examination, they may do so after a 30-day waiting period from the date of the original exam. In order to retake an examination, the application and scheduling process must be completed again using the User-ID and Password that was established during the original examination scheduling process, minus the need for the attestation form. The fee for retaking the examination is $125.
13). What is the duration of the certification period?
The PBMCT certification is valid for a period of two (2) years from the date of issue.
14). After the two year period, do I have to re-certify?
Yes. In order to recertify, certificants must complete a minimum of fifteen (15) contact hours of ACPE-approved Continuing Education Units (1.5 CEUs) during the two (2) year recertification cycle. A fee of $80 is required for the recertification application process. All applications for recertification must be submitted prior to the expiration date of certification.
15). What will happen if I do not take action to renew my certification?
If a certificant does not take action to renew their certification, it will expire on the expiration date. An extension will not be provided. Certificants who allow their certification to lapse must discontinue using the PBMCT credential immediately. The PBMCT program performs random verification audits of lapsed certificants to ensure that the certification is not being inadvertently utilized.
16). I have allowed my certification to lapse, how can I become certified again?
In order to regain your certification after expiration, an individual must re-apply and re-take the PBMCT Examination. You may register to re-take the examination by following the Application instructions in this Manual or on the Program’s website at: https://pbmct.com/application - “existing users.”
17). How long does it take to receive my score?
You will receive your score when you complete your examination.
18). Are there examples of PBMCT Certification success stories?
Yes, please view our certification success stories and International Ambassadors to learn about obtaining their PBMCT has assisted them:
|Certification Success Stories|
19). Once I obtain my PBMCT credentials, when and how should I use them?
We encourage certificants to utilize their PBMCT credentials to promote their certification success and in all professional settings. Please see our video below which provides examples of when/how to utilize your PBMCT certificants:
20). How can I contact the PBMCT program if I have questions about the examination?
*These materials and website links have been provided in order to offer a means to prepare and/or review for the Pharmacy Benefit Management Certified Technician (PBMCT) examination. The Pharmacy Benefit Management Technician Certification Program does not develop or endorse any training courses for the certification program. Use of these materials or websites does not imply the materials are the best or only means for preparing adequately for the PBMCT examination. The PBM Technician Certification Program has no affiliation with any of the websites listed below. Individuals are not required to use these materials. There may be other materials available for use in preparing for the PBMCT examination.